Things nobody tells a student teacher:-
- A child can work a dead dog into any topic of conversation.
- Not all parents are pleased when their child loves their teacher.
- The most beautifully planned lessons will always be interrupted by a child wetting themselves.
- Your bag will be full of other people’s rubbish that will “come in handy” in the classroom.
- Poundshops are a teacher’s best friend.
- You’ll have an easier time if you tell people you work for the Council.
- You should never volunteer for anything.
- You will become an expert identifier of nits and chickenpox
- The sky won’t fall in if you’re on first name terms with your families.
- At some point, someone will make an allegation against you. Make sure you’re in a trades union.
- The approved time for your first glass of wine on a Friday is 4:30 p.m. (no later).